Welcome to our podcasting page, which offers many talks and discussions on matters relating to biological science and
its implications for the humanities
Please listen to our Introduction by Professor Paul Griffiths
- Human Nature – a Session at ISHPSSB 2011
A session of talks presented at the International Society for the
History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology conference in July
2011 at Salt Lake City. Speakers are Paul E. Griffiths, Richard
Samuels, Maria Kronfeldner, Karola Stotz, Edouard Machery, and Kristen
Queensland Biohumanities Conference: Idealisation, Mechanism and
Reduction: New Directions in the Philosophy of Proximal Biology (15th-17th December, 2006).
- 2nd Queensland Biohumanities Conference: Philosophy of Ecology (29-30th June, 2006 )
- 1st Queensland Biohumanities Conference: The Conceptual Impact of the Genomic Revolution (14-15th October, 2005)
- Robert Solomon and the Philosophy of Emotion (12th April, 2006)
- Introduction to Biological Essentialism: John Wilkins (4th November, 2005).
- Biological Ontology and Hierarchical Organization: a defense of rank freedom: Samir Okasha (University of Bristol) (6th October).
- 4th Queensland Biohumanities Conference: Evidence-based medicine (8-9th January, 2007)
[Apologies for the poor sound quality of the podcasts for this event]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Subscribe to our RSS feed
~ Website designed by Polly Ambermoon ~